mint

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
earlybird
Learner Laner

mint

Post by earlybird »

hi my mint is too big for the pot I have it in I have potted it on the last two years can I split the plant into two or three pieces if so when is the best time to do it my plant is just going to flower :?
Maggie1

Re: mint

Post by Maggie1 »

Mint is very invasive. Split it any time until the summer is over, or pick a bit and put it in water and it will take root. Remember to contain the roots though otherwise it will take over.
@Veggie_4_Life
Learner Laner

Post by @Veggie_4_Life »

I have read that mint should be divided every 2-3 years but I have never really seen the need for this myself. It's very easy to progagate mint with root cuttings or in water. I grow 9 different varieties of mint in florists buckets bought at Morrisons. They are really cheap to buy if you want large-ish containers (8 for 99p)
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Veggie 4 life, thats greatng what about the florist buckets. i want to dig some boarder plants up and was wondering what to do with them whilst i was digging the boarder over, i'll see if tesco/ aldi do with them :-D Thank you
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!