garden maintenance

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Re: garden maintenance

Post by ChrisG »

It rained then got so cold we have had hard frosts, plus I then went to London and only got back today, so not been posting. Also not done anything in the garden to post about. Got a dental appointment tomorrow and a meeting on Friday, which needs some preparation, so wont be doing anything till at least Saturday.
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

The bed against the wall is now done:

Dug over:

The heap of roots and rubbish we dug out of it:

The finished product; well, almost. Come next autumn, I will be adding bulbs; there is also a space for a tree i9n the corner and I want to add some hostas. Until it grows properly, I will infill with annuals seeds:
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

I have also started digging over the section between the path and the playhouse. There are a couple of shrubs and plants I already have that will look good there. I'll be back )t'
Chris xx

Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

You're working hard! :-D Nice to see pics~
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

It must be so satisfying to see it all planted up. What have you put in?
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

Forsythia, Buddleia, Geum, Aquilegia (sp?), lupins, Polyanthus, Spirea, Peonies, Cranesbill, London Pride (some people hate it for some reason; I love it) and a cystus. The last was to replace one that has been our 'friend' for the last 16 years, but the cold winter snows last year finished it off.

I still have to re-seed the lawn edge where things got leggy and spilled over, killing the grass beneath.

The tree will be a small laburnum, or a magnolia. I favour the former; Hubby the latter.

The plants all look small at the moment. If we are still here in two or three years' time, it will be a different story I expect.
Chris xx

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Well done Ruth. Like your choice of shrubs and plants.
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

I have finally managed to find a laburnum tree )c( and have just been out to plant it. Then I hoed all the spare space in the flower bed and will sow some annual seeds to fill in the gaps while the shrubs and perennials take off. Hopefully there will be a riot of colour in the summer >fi<
Chris xx