Virginia creeper

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Mrs B

Virginia creeper

Post by Mrs B »

Morning everyone, a quick question, is it ok to plant virginia creeper this time of year?

It is going to be climbing up a stone wall, not sure which way it faces, East I think.
wendy

Re: Virginia creeper

Post by wendy »

Not a clue about timing. But make sure it isn't anywhere, where you don't want it to grow to.
I have some that goes all over my fencing and plants and I just can't get rid of it. This was planted by the previous owner of the house. I have lived here 22 years !
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Most likely it is growing in a pot so anytime of the year is fine )t' Even a north facing wall would be ok too - it doesn't need direct sunlight. I have one that grows up and over my pergola at the bottom of the garden and the whole area down there is pretty shady from overhanging trees in neighbours gardens, but come late September when the colours start to change, it stands out in all the gloom and looks fantastic
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Thanks for that ladies, there is ample room for the creeper and it can invade as much as it likes. It will be going in the ground not in a pot.

Also planning on putting some passion flowers with it as I have done that in my front planting area and they love being together, they are best friends