The village horticultural show - getting ready

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

The village horticultural show - getting ready

Post by Annie »

The hall is opened at 6.30pm until 9.30pm on Saturday and again on Sunday morning for exhibitors to come along and display the best of what they have grown,sewn, baked ,arranged,knitted and created in one way or another. I was down last night and there were all the familiar faces putting finishing touches to their wares , I didnt know dahlias and gladioli needed so much primping ! I had taken 4 huge tatties down that I had dug up early in the day for the 'heaviest 4 potato class' , I thought mine stood a chance as the combined weight was just over 4lbs but boy there were some whoppers already on display. I also entered the top vase class which require 5 - 10 stems of at least2 different variety of flower so I took Crocosmia (pale golden orange) Perovskia and a spray of the Warm Welcome roses, the other flower class was just a vase of garden flowers so that was Lupin, Dahlia and Hydrangea. My high hopes are set on the 3 plates of 4 hens eggs that have gone in this year, so proud of my girls , come on those chooks. I only enterd flowers as everyone is complaining about their garden this year so I thought the entries may be on the low side so just wanted to help make the numbers up as the flowers are sold off to help fund raise.Anyway off in an hour to see how things are doing and to get a cuppa a tea and some home baking )eat(
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Steve the Gas

Re: The village horticultural show - getting ready

Post by Steve the Gas »

>gl<
wendy

Re: The village horticultural show - getting ready

Post by wendy »

How did you do ?
We have a 1940's house near here. So we went there today. Strange seeing the thing you and your family used daily, in a museum :shock:
Then off to a local fishing club open day, to help out a friend. It has been a really nice day.
I hope you did well, Annie.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning