Viper's bugloss!

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Viper's bugloss!

Post by Mallard »

Bit of an in plant according to some gardeners! I got my seeds the year before last, planted them in my tunnel, then out, but no nectar dribbling flowers for the bees! +confused+ After looking online I discover they flower the second year, and they are an absolute bee magnet, I must have had all twenty-five bumble bee varieties and all our Walter's honey bees! 8)
The vicious prickles bring you out in an itchy rash, something else I had to google!
Now it's dying back I decided to collect some seeds, more googling! Blowed if I could find them, in the end I threw the prickly bits I was looking at down in disgust , lo, dozens of seeds on the floor! yike* You rub the dying bits into a tray (with big gloves on) and each calyx has four seeds, so you just spend a quiet hour picking them up!
So it looks as if I may have viper's bugloss seeds to swap! )t'
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Viper's bugloss!

Post by Annie »

I have seen very few, bees,hover fly or butterflies in our garden this year , even though I have buddleia,ice plant ,nasturtians , foxgloves loads of plants to attract so may be I will need to give your unpleasant sounding plant a go Mallard.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Willow
Legendary Laner

Re: Viper's bugloss!

Post by Willow »

That sounded interesting enough to google.. so I did:
http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/ind ... gloss.html

Its a bit of a fiend isn't it? beautiful though )t'
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein