Patio finished

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Nefertari
Longlasting Laner

Re: Patio finished

Post by Nefertari »

Wow, that's a lot of work Mrsb. I'm doing my new garden bit by bit and had planned to get a greenhouse next year.

Did you look at getting a greenhouse before deciding on a polytunnel? I had a PT when I had a lottie so know that they are good.

But just being nosey, how did you decide on a PT?
It'll be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Nef the PT is all for MrB as that is his garden.
It is a large area so I think he is getting a 20ft x 8ft PT (does that sound right) and obviously it is cheaper than a greenhouse. Plus he will not need to do a lot of work making a base for the PT ... don't forget this is the man who took over 3 months to lay slabs for a Walk-in-Run base, as in lay slabs on earth not concrete them in }hairout{

Glad to hear you had good results with your PT though so will pass that on to him. He tried a cheap mini poly greenhouse in the area first to double check there was enough light in the area.
Nefertari
Longlasting Laner

Post by Nefertari »

What a brilliant idea having his 'n hers gardens )t' )t' Saves a lot of arguing I guess. Not something I need to worry about having the whole house and garden to myself. Bit of a double egdged sword that, also means the hard work is all mine too.

But yes, I took over a lottie that had the PT frame. the whole plot had gone to rack and ruin unfortunately. so I just ordered the special polythene stuff and re covered it myself. Game and a half that was, you need someone to help with that ideally. The light levels are fine, but they seem warmer than glass houses. You can start things off sooner in them and later too off course. so when you've cleared out your summer crops, you can put things in like carrots for instance or new pots so that they are ready for christmas.
It'll be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Thanks Nef, I will pass your tips on to himself
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

Looks good )t'

Have to watch with slate, it can get a little slippy over time, or maybe that was just ours!
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Not if she cleans it, cleans it, cleans it.
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

)t' Very nice indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.