Some pics from NZ

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
manda

Some pics from NZ

Post by manda »

Thought I would pop some piccies on of the yucca we have growing in our garden...I was stood out there the other day and this year it's looking lovely..well I like it :-D

Just to give you an idea of how tall it is ..our house is obviously a single storey

The shelter belt is easily twice the height of the house

Flowers up a bit closer.

and a bit closer....

and just so we keep to the spirit of the Lane the leaves up round the crown make great kindling as they shed )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
madmum
Legendary Laner

Re: Some pics from NZ

Post by madmum »

When ours flowered like that i went round for a couple of days wondering what the smell was.........It took me a couple of cays to look up and see the flowers :oops:
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Kaeta44
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kaeta44 »

It looks lovely. I was astounded when I planted what I thought were 3 cordylines in my garden and they grew up and up (not as tall as yours, but not too far off). Then they flowered and did so every year after that. I really liked them and the birds loved eating the seeds afterwards.
Mucky Cluckers – Tales from the chicken run. "An hilarious read" "Cried with laughter" "A really good read, I couldn't put it down". Buy this paperback from www.muckycluckers.co.uk

I'm Trish Colton on FB DTL
wendy

Post by wendy »

That is beautiful. Once again I m envy}} of where you live.

It Looks very similar to the one I lost, in last years snow.

The flowers are identical and do, also MM, have a strong scent.
What do you think Manda ? I have always thought it was a coryline.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Awwww wonderful pictures of lovely New Zealand Manda {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
manda

Post by manda »

Oops sorry I put the wrong name it's a cabbage tree...we've got a few of them around the place!!!! .....a Cordyline Australis...I looked up on the internet to check which one.....never smelt the flowers {cry}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
wendy

Post by wendy »

Thanks you have at least confirmed what I thought.
Cabbage tree is a funny name for such a beautiful tree. >el<
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
manda

Post by manda »

I didn't know they were called Cordylines I only knew them as Cabbage trees ...Gardening is my BIG achilles heel >el<
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

suncaddie7
Learner Laner

Post by suncaddie7 »

ok now im home sick for New zealand, Gisborn on north island is where we lived for 4 yrs, its where my dog was born, i love all the trees and Flowers of Nz there stunning and the fruite tast wonderfull Your so lucky to still be there. Hugs x NZ JULIE X
Dogs are For Life, not a gift box
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

This is totally off subject, but I used to know some people from New Zealand. Before I retired, one of my bosses raised sheep, and every year a team of expert shearers came from New Zealand and sheared sheep for all the farmers around here. I was please to meet a couple of them and we became friends. Neat guys -- loved their accents -- and they were so polite and nice to talk with. Wonder how they are these days. One of them gave me a cigarette lighter with a New Zealand company logo on it. Still have it.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

+f+
manda

Post by manda »

Well we have a few sheep here Americanlady )grin2( ...good times by the sounds of it )t'
Julie...even though we've been rocking around a bit lately (that's my biggest understatement for 2012 so far) there's no where I'd rather be to be honest :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Americanlady wrote:This is totally off subject, but I used to know some people from New Zealand. Before I retired, one of my bosses raised sheep, and every year a team of expert shearers came from New Zealand and sheared sheep for all the farmers around here. I was please to meet a couple of them and we became friends. Neat guys -- loved their accents -- and they were so polite and nice to talk with. Wonder how they are these days. One of them gave me a cigarette lighter with a New Zealand company logo on it. Still have it.

They're still very neat and lovely guys AmLady, I married one {hug} {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

suncaddie7 wrote:ok now im home sick for New zealand, Gisborn on north island is where we lived for 4 yrs, its where my dog was born, i love all the trees and Flowers of Nz there stunning and the fruite tast wonderfull Your so lucky to still be there. Hugs x NZ JULIE X

Lovely aren't they Julie.

I especially like those pinky-red loo brush type bushes that you see everywhere :-D and of course all the lovely ferns too :-D
Bev x

Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Hey Bennie, glad to meet you. Yes these guys were really nice people. Could be that they still come up here to shear, but since I retired 8 years ago, I have never run across them again. No doubt you and your husband run sheep of your own?