cat repellant

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

cat repellant

Post by mrs boodles »

Does anyone know of a good cat repellant for the garden.
I have just been out to start tidying and there seems to be cat poo everywhere, whether this has anything to do with the garden having been neglected last year cos of ill health or just too many cats on the estate. I love cats but the smell and finding it is pretty UGH. Any advice please. they have even used my half barrels that I want to grow my beans in, and that is by the patio doors
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Re: cat repellant

Post by jannie »

I use a product called 'silent roar' .. started using it 3 yrs ago and haven't had a cat in the garden since .. :-D )t'

http://www.silentroaronline.com/"
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Thanks Jannie
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

You're welcome .. shop around and you'll get it a lot cheaper )t'
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I have posted our "remedies" for cat clearance before, but we had eight cats next door, who had used our gravel drive and patio as their loo, plus the flower beds, lawn, etc. It was so bad that when we bought the house, the late owner's nephew told us that he had thought the property would not seel due to the excrement.

We used CD's strung up on garden canes, lemonade bottles filled with water, a lot of shouting, stone throwing, and blocked up every hole we could find in the hedge. Also bought a sonic cat scarer thing.

Also a water pistol. The cats were semi feral, and according to their owner never went out! Gradually they have all died off, and are replaced by six dogs, who would also like to come into our garden.

Not heard of the recommended remedy, worth knowing about, and hope it works for you.
Freckle
Lively Laner

Post by Freckle »

Garlic is meant to deter them due to its strong smell. If you go to an asian market youll get it alot cheaper, take a couple of bulbs and blend them with some water, add to a watering can and dilute accordingly (needs to pong of garlic though) and them pour it over the affected areas.
You need to break the pattern etc they are a nuisance though.