African Marigolds

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
ChookieBirdie
Lively Laner

African Marigolds

Post by ChookieBirdie »

Have grown them from seeds. Thought the lovely pompom flowers would beautiful in the garden.

}hairout{ Seems the snails or slugs thought the same thing. Yummy for them. 2 eaten already. Imagine my horror when reading up about my chickens feed that they use marigolds for a lovely natural source for yellow yolks. Between the slugs and snails, which my chickens may or may not eat, and my chickens having a fondness for marigolds I assume my marigolds chances of seeing out the summer are slim to none.

Oh well, back to the potting shed.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: African Marigolds

Post by Mo »

Anything green within range of the hens has a slim chance. Unless it's an established tree or something very prickly.

I can understand your frustration, this year seems a bad one for seeds in our garden, we keep planting veg that either don't come up, or come up and get nipped off by something. There are various pea and bean shoot lying on the surface. The spuds are nice & green but that's about all.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I usually grow a few marigolds too, some for pots and some for the veggie patch as they are supposed to be companion to veggies - they are so easy to raise from seed as well, I havent got mine out yet , I am scared to put anything out I cant believe the good weather will stay , will probably be still dithering in August {rofwl}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

I dont bother with marigolds anymore - my garden has quite a damp and heavy soil and the slugs strip them in a day :?
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."