Taking cuttings

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
pavel131
Lively Laner

Taking cuttings

Post by pavel131 »

Hi there you lovely people.
Just a little bit of your knowledge and advice. Me being an ignoramus about most aspects, concerning gardening.
My Stepdaughter would like a cutting of the honey suckle plant that we have. Could you please tell me how to go about taking said cutting.
I am an Dyslexic agnostic insomniac. I lay awake all night wondering if there really is a dog.
p.penn

Re: Taking cuttings

Post by p.penn »

One easy way of propagating some shrubs is to pin down onto the earth (with a brick or something) a branch of the plant, and at the end of the summer it will have rooted. Will work on honeysuckle.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Do it like Helen says or the other way is get a green bit coming off a woody bit. Pull the green bit downwards and it will come away with what they call a heel (a bit of bark like tissue on the end) Fill a pot with compost and each piece lightly scratch the cutting stalk and if you have some hormone rooter dip it in that and then push the cutting right into the compost until you can only see about 2-3 inches. Be patient but don't worry to much as honeysuckle is quite easy to catch.
pavel131
Lively Laner

Post by pavel131 »

Thanks for the advice, you two. will do said instructions straight away. :-D
I am an Dyslexic agnostic insomniac. I lay awake all night wondering if there really is a dog.