my daffs

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Mrs B

my daffs

Post by Mrs B »

Some of you may remember I had mammoth bulb planting over the last couple of years, the bluebells seem to have filed completely, the snowdrops and crocus are ok but must do better next year.

The daffs are lovely so I am sharing some pics with you, these are the big yellow daffs the smaller cream variety have not yet bloomed.
I only planted a few on the ivy ban as it is back breaking trying to balance on there but now I know they will grow I shall plant loads more in the autumn.

The final photo is for the lavender bed which is a mess so the photo is before I tackle it but will update once I have sorted it out

The redcurrant seems to be doing well again

the ivy bank

the yukky bed

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: my daffs

Post by Annie »

They are such a cheerful splash of colour , just what we need at the moment, while we are still waiting for warmer settled weather.
I have a few just opening in a couple of big pots outside the lounge windows but they are much shorter than they normally grow and that seems to be the case with the daffs planted on the banks alongside the road at the bottom of the estate here too.
Always think lavender has a short lifespan before getting woody , bit like lupins, much better to replace in my opinion as they aren't that dear to buy and grow fairly quickly.
When we got this house the garden was quite pretty but overplanted with trees that ended up fighting each other for space and there were bluebells all over the place. I lifted them and planted them around a rhodedendron and it looks much better with them planted all together.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Lovely daffs. Most of the daffodils here were planted by the previous owners, so they appear in seemingly random circles where there used to be a statue, birdbath, planter etc. They also don't survive the dog/children, so I've been cutting them as soon as I see them & bringing them indoors to enjoy.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

The daffs have been glorious this year. I truly believe the rain we had last year made the bulbs swell and thats why we have a lovely show this year.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

The best bit of colour in our garden is the Forsythia Bush , I would take a pic to show you but its raining cats and dogs {rofwl}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I love forsythia - my Mum has a beautiful one in her front garden, and I go over to pinch branches to bring home when it's flowering - absolutely stunning. I've never had any success with cuttings of it though - maybe I'll treat myself and buy one.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.