Our synthetic grass

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Re: Our synthetic grass

Post by jannie »

That looks fab Annie. )t'

I really like the idea ..the freshly mown smell is the only thing I'd miss about a real lawn.. especially after the work Mr Mole left for me.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Mercedes, LBF is right the area we wanted to grass was sloping and very uneven so this now gives it a good flat area to sit our chairs and table on. It is of course firm to walk on like decking rather than soft like real grass.
You can use different methods to lay this synthetic grass but to be honest it seemed like more work as it involved using meshes and sand ( a lot of sand which we would have had to shovel and spread )to prevent weeds and level the surface and to be honest I couldn't see how the sand wouldn't eventually become uneven with use anyway.
LL , Eck has been bought a new broom for the specific purpose of sweeping the grass and thats what he will be using {rofwl} and funnily enough when we unrolled it , it did smell like carpet !
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

Now I understand Annie. I did mention it to OH last night as I think it's such a good idea, especially when you have chickens and dogs messing up the lawn as we all know how they ruin the lawn :?
Lyn
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Mercedes the hens wont be allowed on the grass because they think its real and can pull the tufts out {warn} , its only for posing purposes as I wanted a picture of my two ex batts.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

Annie wrote:Mercedes the hens wont be allowed on the grass because they think its real and can pull the tufts out {warn} , its only for posing purposes as I wanted a picture of my two ex batts.

Somehow I can't imagine my OH having a lawn where the hens aren't allowed on it so it's back to using the lawnmower for us I guess :?
Lyn
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

That looks fab )t'

(Eck I'm worried that you are being worked too hard +f+ - come to my house for a long weekend and whilst you are here you can lay synthetic grass to my front and rear garden)
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Loving it Annie, it looks so green, )t'