merry christmas

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

merry christmas

Post by bmpsands »

Since moving, we have failed to find somewhere to put our little Christmas tree. It's in a tub, and I'd rather keep it that way, but everywhere we've tried so far has problems. I've lost the label, but it's a version of spruce I think. We moved it out of the sunniest part of the garden, then it seemed to suffer from the winds howling across the fields across the lane, now in a more sheltered spot it is dropping needles. All of these changes were as a result of reading "how to care for your Christmas tree" instructions.

At our old house it lived in a sheltered corner that was mostly shaded by our pear tree and huge blue cedar.

Oh dear. Any suggestions?
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Re: merry christmas

Post by Homemade »

As its in a tub the most critical thing is the watering. When it is windy they dry out very fast even if it is raining. Why not find a slightly shady spot out of the wind and plant the whole tub, this will stop it blowing over or drying out quite so fast.

Some needle drop now is natural. evergreens tend to shed old leaves when the new ones open. But also a spray with insecticide can help in case it has an aphid problem which is hard to see on conifers.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Re: merry christmas

Post by bmpsands »

Thank you, Homemade. As soon as it stops raining I will take your good advice.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.