I'm A Lumberjack & I'm OK

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

I'm A Lumberjack & I'm OK

Post by Totally Scrambled »

You may remember that a little while ago I did a bit of light pruning around the garden and set aside the big bits to be sawn up and split for firewood. Well today I got started on it and so far have cut & split this pile.
Which has given me about a cubic meter of firewood :-D
Still this lot to go which is about twice the amount of the first lot I've just done.
The first pile is a mix of Maple, Cherry and Hawthorne and the second is all Maple so should make a nice warming mix for this winter. I do have one other smaller pile to do as well that is a mix of Hazel and Hawthorne.
The chainsawing is a bit boring and noisey but there is something strangely satisfying about splitting logs and watching the pile grow )t'
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Re: I'm A Lumberjack & I'm OK

Post by Homemade »

Good bit of forward planning there. I wish I was that organised.

However with the rest of the song now ringing in my ears ... is there something you want to tell us about your choice of clothing? )run(
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

While wielding chainsaws and big choppers it is never a good idea to wear the clothing you hint at, as nasty accidents can occur.
Besides Jimmy Choos and silk are not ideal gardening attire as they aren't very robust. I save those types of clothing for the evenings )w(
Dom
Ali Woks My World
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Me too!

Not yet even mid-summer but I spent a couple of hours today splitting wood for the stove, which hopefully we won't be firing up for a few months.

No need for the chainsaw today though just splitting and chopping.
Michael