diging fork

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
vwcaddyman
Learner Laner

diging fork

Post by vwcaddyman »

hi to all . what is the best diging fork would like a long handle as I am just over 6 ft
and 28 inch handle seem low to me was told fiskar are very good make can anyone help thanks
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: diging fork

Post by lancashire lass »

hi vwcaddyman and welcome. Wolf Garten Tools have a good reputation but I could not find a digging fork to go with their telescopic handle. I don't know much about Fiskars tools but they do have a fork with a 47 " handle - if you google, you'll find several suppliers such as My Tool Shed but I really don't know what the quality is, sorry

(sorry I can't copy and paste an URL address as I don't know how to with this cheap tablet I'm using) I hope you find what you are looking for
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Re: diging fork

Post by fabindia »

Hi Vwcaddyman and welcome.

I don't know about a long handled digging fork but a couple of years back I bought a long handled spade, which I think is great. It's not the best for digging over new ground, where you need a really sharp spade, but it's great for turning over the veg plots. The thing about using a long handle spade it is that there is no bending or strain on the back. However, it does put more strain on the shoulders and arms as the mechanics of using it is totally different.

Mine's like the image below; I think it might be called an Irish spade. You can get others that are 'proper' garden spade shaped but looking on Amazon, they are a bit pricey. I think I only paid £12.00 for mine a couple of years back from my local hardware store.

Michael