My 8 ladies

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

My 8 ladies

Post by Gwenoakes »

As promised although rather late, my 8 ladies. If you all remember I got them August bank holiday weekend this year. All ex battery hens, they are lovely and have delivered between 4 and 6 eggs every day since they came.
The lighter one is called Jeanne after someone I know and one of the dark ones is called Matilda, but to be honest dont know which one now as they all look the same . They will all do anything for corn on the cob and I mean anything LOL.

more pictures here

melons
Legendary Laner

How sweet

Post by melons »

Aren't they lovely, what a lovely area they're in, which rescue did they come from? My ladies came all the way from Devon as there was a shortage in East Anglia, I was wondering as I've got a really pretty laced one like your pale one, I've not seen ex batts like those two before, or since.
She's called Ken :oops: after my father in law, to go with Little Sally Chicken, my mother inlaw.

Cheers
mel x
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Ours came from Leicester then onto near Lincoln, where we picked them up from. So sorry maybe not related at all LOL.
They were squabbling quite a bit soon after I got them, but they seem to have sorted a pecking order out and have been fine. When I go in the run one in particular squats right at the door way and I literally have to move her to get in. Silly girl LOL.
Quite funny really as where my daughter keeps her horses the yard owner has bough 16 point of lay chickens. One has died and now none of them are laying eggs. She sort of tut tutted about me having battery hens, asking whether I didnt want eggs! Now who has got the eggs LOL.
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

My 8 ladies

Post by AnnaB »

Hi Gwenoakes

Tut, tut you've filled the screen, anyway Richard will fix it. Mine also come from Leicester and then they go to Droitwich. I think they are from the same place as they are also remarkedly well feathered and the same colourings as mine.

I like the bit about the lack of eggs from the 'posh birds' - it makes one feel quite smug!!