Blood Eggs

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
OldForum
Lively Laner

Blood Eggs

Post by OldForum »

Gareth Fletcher 18.04.07
Hi All,

Okay so tonite I collect the eggs and one of them has blood streaked on it...I notice that Aggie has blood marks on her tail feathers.

I guess sometimes laying eggs can rip the hen a bit? (sorry this sounds awful)...should I be concerned or is this normal in Hen world?

Any advice guys

Big Thanks

Wendy
Hello Gareth,
This is not a problem I have encountered, but the size of some of my ex battery hens eggs, I am sure give them a headache.
I wouldn't have said it was 'normal' but what the reason I am not sure. I am sure someone with a bit more knowledge will help out.
Wendy

Mo
Richard has put a picture on the other "large egg" thread. He thinks its a case of 'watch her, probably not a problem'.

Gareth
Hi,

Thks for the feedback so far guys,

She seems herself & is eating, drinking and making herself known so touch wood!

Will let you know if any thing changes

Big Thks

Gaz

Gareth
Okay so here is an update...She is still happy eating dinking & laying...however its as if she has a bad case of the runs (sorry gross I know!) as her tail feathers are constantley wet with fluid from her backside.

Am keeping a close eye on her but apart from this she is her normal self?....fingers crossed this will clear up.

Thks

Gaz