No Eggs yet?

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
OldForum
Lively Laner

No Eggs yet?

Post by OldForum »

Verity Baker
We've had our girls nearly a fortnight now, and still now eggs. They were described as Point-of-Lay, but is is possible that they're simply not old enough?

I have walked past a poultry farm near my folks' in Wales, and his ladeis were certainly bigger... ours are active, and eating and drinking well. Their feathers are beautiful, and I can see no issues that might affect laying...

Am I just being impatient?!

ilenny
I know the feeling. I got my chooks at 19 weeks old and waited for the eggs to arrive, still no eggs at 21 weeks then out of the blue at about 23 weeks one started and the other two joined in a day or so later, and now i have a regular supply of eggs.
In answer to your question i know it's frustrating but they will give you the ultimate prize in their own sweet time.
It's well worth the wait.

Richard
Quite agree. It could be the seller got the age wrong. I've had a similar experience and waited 5 weeks for an egg from a Point-of-Lay.

Just think of the wonderful surprise you'll have when it happens!

Richard

Verity Baker
Well! Martha, our Warren laid her first egg on Friday! We had one yesterday, and one today! They are small but perfectly formed (about size 7), and we are very proud! The only issue is that she has decided that it's necessary to inform the neighbourhood of her gift to us as soon as she lays it! She sings long and loud!

Just Martha to go now, but I don't think it'll be long, as she's changing shape rapidly, and packing away the grit!

Plans are afoot for coop extensions, and two more ladies!