Crows (by Lynsey in old forum)

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Crows (by Lynsey in old forum)

Post by Richard »

Hi I am a new comer to keepimg chickens (battery) and recently I have noticed a few crows taking an interest in the chicken coop, could anyone advise me how to deter them??? Many thanks,

Lynsey
Last edited by Richard on 11 May 2007, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome

Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

don't know how to deter them, but I noticed yesterday that one of my birds looked thinner and blacker than the others! It flew off when I came near, and it wasn't stealing their supper from under their beaks, maybe it was hoping for leftovers.
I can't keep them off the cherry tree either, they have more time to sneak in than I have to scare them off.
keelan
Learner Laner

Post by keelan »

i dont think you can really make crows go away. the other day at our school pond there was a crow come down and take a lil duckling and left us with just a head :mad: im sure crows are classed as vermin (rast eww) if you find away let us know plz :razz:
blue hen house
Learner Laner

Post by blue hen house »

I'm having problems with jackdaws. They have been ripping the linning off of my hanging baskets. The jackdaws and woodpigeons are steeling
layers pellets and corn. I hoped our silkie rooster 'Dave' would chase them off, but I don,t think he's up to the job? :?
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hello,

I wish there were an answer, but beside really covering them up, can't see a solution.

I feed my chickens mainly under cover now and that seems to keep out all but sparrows and robins, but I 'allow' them.

As my ginger cat has been chased off by a magpie..... that's not the answer either!

I assume you've tried hanging old CD discs up?

Other than above, I'd get Dave to one side and give him a damn good talking to.

Or go up the garden looking like this..... )c+

:-D Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome