Still got them noisy hens!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Jody
Learner Laner

Still got them noisy hens!

Post by Jody »

In the Old Forum I wrote that we have a noisy Buff Orpington. She is no longer the noisy one. She has been surpassed by our Amber Star who know sounds like a broken crow. She is paricularly noisy when she sees me as she associates me with her beloved corn, she can even peer into the kitchen, see me and start up. I tend to let them out as this quietens them all down, pootling about the garden ect. My daughter is far more draconian, she favours shutting her in the hen house, to "teach her a lesson"!, for a few minutes, not wanting her to have any rewards for " bad behaviour"! Maybe some of my parenting skills have rubbed off :-D
Having a noisy hen would not be a problem, but for the fact that our neighbours, who don't like our hens, are trying to sell their house.

Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Maybe she'll bring you new neighbours who like hens!
Sorry, no sensible advice.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Your daughter is right, not rewarding behaviour you don't want.
Maybe lots of going out without any corn. Or at least have it hidden in your pocket. On the occasion that she is quiet, then give it.
Other than that not into chicken behaviour. But the priciple works on all living beings.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning