A day in the life....by the colonel

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
seahorse
Legendary Laner

A day in the life....by the colonel

Post by seahorse »

4.30am up with the larkand ready to make my early morning alarm calls for the neighbours. Have a big stretch, shake and scratch.
Find corn from last night ,scoff quickly and crow a few more times.
Await arrival of servants, housekeeper due at 9, comes to feed me at 20 to . Get lots of praise, love and small snack, she wipes my beak and straightens any errant feathers. I then strut my stuff and tootle off into the bushes to find a tasty morsel or two.
10.30, servant comes with tea basket for the gardener and goodies for me. Jump on wooden chair and crow again, must out do next doors cockerel (keeping up with the Jones's)
Time to find a sunny spot for a snooze.....unruly neighbour decides to cut lawn and wakes me ,hurrumph , will have to do alarm call slightly earlier tomorrow! 11.35, am informed that an annonymous caller pushed a pack of paxo through the letterbox...buck buck buckaaar! hope it doesnt involve me and a kitchen table! 12.30 lunch with servants in the shed. Emmental and ham sandwiches, grapes and a nice drop of vintage rain water. Siesta , this time successful. Servants think I am dead, having stretched out fully on the warm gravel. Rudely awakend by servant insisting I keep up my fluid levels having been unwell lately. Interfering old crow! I need my beauty sleep, how else can I look so handsome? Manage 40 winks before waking to cuss at low flying blackbird. Annoyed by bluebottle, ate him! Go for walk to see where sun has gone. More tea and goodies at 3.30 and petting session. Drink from lily pool then wander round to find roosting perch for the night. Preen and fluff up feathers . Nighty night.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz The colonel. (f+
Looove chucks!

wendy

Post by wendy »

Hi.
It is good to see the Colonel, back to his normal self.
This is great news. Little so and so for worrying us.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Ooooh Colonel, you'll make a good catch for someone.
You don't visit the Ashford area atall do you.

Bertha the Batt xx
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
seahorse
Legendary Laner

reply to bertha batt. from the colonel

Post by seahorse »

Dear Bertha, sorry but i never get to Ashford, my passport is out of date and Im not good on boats. Dont have lady friends, just servants. XX sincerely The colonel.
Looove chucks!