No Eggs Yet

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Are you gift wrapping it?

)t' The first one is a joy!

New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome

Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

I dont know about gift wrapping it but I feel a bit strange about eating it.. :?
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

yay excellent news! :mrgreen:
Small steps lead to big changes
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Two eggs this morning :mrgreen: .. sadly both soft shelled and it looks as though they were dropped from a perch! :( but the 'interior' is still intact on both eggs - so no egg eating I think :-D .. We're getting there )t'
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Phil, I dont know if this is just co incidence but you mentioned your girls squatting down infront of you about a week before they started laying, Verity had the same experience with her girls ... Mine started doing the same about a week ago.. It may be a submissive thing but it realy does look as though they're sqatting for a cockrel and its something they do roughly a week before they start laying... puberty??

Albert Einstein
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Another 2 soft shelled eggs this morning :( but Cybil our wry tailed lady with the beautiful eyes was settling herself down in the nest box when I left fo work.. I hope her wry tail doent cause any problems...

Albert Einstein