Cod liver oil

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Cod liver oil

Post by AnnaB »

Started mine on this about 2 weeks ago and I am amazed at the difference in their feathers. One had never really got all her plumage (after a year) and now she is nearly fully covered.
I have always given multi vitamins (Solvit) but this is amazing.

Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

How much do you give? I know too much can be harmful to humans, and hens are so much smaller.
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Cod liver oil

Post by AnnaB »

I bought a small bottle of 'seven seas' and spread under half a cap on a slice of bread (that's between 3 of them)
I read on Wendy's forum that it is given by other rescuers.
You've frightened me now.......
melons
Legendary Laner

shiney hens

Post by melons »

Right then there goes more money I'll have to get some now..... after my poultry sheild & other goodies arrived today, I announced that I have everything for them now that they will ever need.......jeez!
My rats have a capsule each once a week, they L O V E them! hairs not bad either :-D
Cheers
mel x
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Cod liver oil

Post by AnnaB »

Come on Melons
They will never have all they want - worse than kids. Throw the corn down and they run to it then, the next lot and they think what am I missing over there.....
wendy

Post by wendy »

Hi.
I been away overnight. So it is good to be back here.
I give mine olive oil rather than CLO as that is what I have. Just soak bread, shredded wheat or weetabix in some, every couple of weeks.
Just oils everything up :mrgreen:
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Jodi
Lively Laner

Post by Jodi »

I use Olive oil too, I give my "little one" (formerly "little Jill") a teaspoon everynow and then, although not sure if it's doing anything - she still has difficulty passing waste. (Any advise on this would be great!)

I find if I get the teaspoon between her beak just slightly, she'll open her beak fully and tilt her head to take it....what a good girl she is.

Jodi