Help chicken poo stains!!!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Davina
Learner Laner

Post by Davina »

Well we have finally rehomed our 3 young chooks (10 weeks) to the allotment, into their new house and run built by t'otherhalf(photos to follow).
The chooks have been living in our back garden for the last few weeks, I was quite happy for them to stay, They would come into the kitchen at lunchtime (or whenever I left the patio door open) and clean up the floor under my sons high chair, they are quite partial to baby mush, cheese (can they have cheese?) and anything else Tom would hurl from the high chair.. It really made him chuckle..
Sorry back to my dilemma, the chooks had taken to roosting under the cover on t'otherhalfs new teak patio set. They were quite happy there and had free range in the garden (8 ft wall all the way round so quite secure, only the cats get in..) As I now know, where chooks roost is where they make the most mess!!
Two of their favorite chairs are quite badly stained.. we have jetted them off and tried scrubbing with jif..

Do they need sanding down or is there some magical lemon juice preparation that can lighten the dark marks.. t'otherhalf is mutinous and may block further featherd friend purchases

My chooks are in your hands!!

b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

i have no idea but i wish you the best of luck!!

you could always say it was other halfs fault for leaving them lying around :shock: :razz: :razz: :-D or not!!

let us all know!!

kat xx
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

oooo - not a good start eh!!

I fear sanding down myself - or you could try bicarb? It seems to work for everything else - or am I just being silly?
Small steps lead to big changes
Davina
Learner Laner

Bi Carb

Post by Davina »

Anything is worth a try, thanks I'll give the Bi Carb a go..
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Post by AnnaB »

Davina
If the bicarb doesn't work on its own use some mixed with vinegar and water another is some oil (whatever you have) with some drops of essential lemon oil.
Have tried base oil with peppermint oil on the threshold to the conservatory to keep ants out and it appears to be working.
seahorse
Legendary Laner

chicken poo stains

Post by seahorse »

I can recommend liquid Milton, baby bottle steriliser stuff. I keep a bottle in the laundry for all sorts of misshaps, maybe it will remove the poo stains. All the best Annie. (f+
Looove chucks!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Then, of course, you will be asking us how to remove the bicarb / oil /lemon stains from the chairs. Or from the clothes of whoever sat in the chairs!!
Good luck
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

:razz: mo