Black Rocks

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
OldForum
Lively Laner

Black Rocks

Post by OldForum »

cancan97
I have recently bought 2 Black Rock hens and am getting 2 eggs a day on average.....Lovely
They are housed at the bottom of my garden, they have a 6'6" x 2'6" ark inside of a 10' x 10' pen.....
I could not be any happier with my choice of hens as they seem very happy and content, the eggs that i am getting are fantastic.
If anyone has any further information on Black Rocks please post as i would love to hear from you.

Mo
I bought 2 Black Rocks from http://www.gardenpoultry.cwc.net/index.htm
in Cheshire, they did me proud. One laid 452 eggs in 16 months, the other I've had for 3 year and she laid 785 up to December, nothing much since except a few soft shelled ones, and she had several weeks off while she went broody in her first 2 years.
I've had some Marran hybrids for 18 months but they've not done as well.They are dual purpose, but will I be able to bring myself to eat them?

Richard
I've just inherited a Black Rock (see the new diary entry later tonight),
I had two before and they served me very well. Regret old foxey got them, hence my pens POW look.

They are prolific layers and quite tough old things.

You've done well !