2 new girls :: to Dannyringking

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

2 new girls :: to Dannyringking

Post by Chookaholic »

Hi loves!

Dans Wife very kindly dropped of the problem girls to our home today

We let them out after a few hours as I didnt see the need to quarantine as theyd been wormed etc and there was a moment of madness but otherwise everything is great and theyre all in bed now )t'

for some reason which will always be a mystery to me Mrs Pepperpot our little bantam decided to run and take on Betty the HUGE blackrock hen . She was promptly flattened and the other hen jumped in too , it was the first time i was going to intervene as she was flat to the floor : daft apeth

They both systematically went through most of the flock : some avoided all confrontation. Cracker decided otherwise and pinned Betty down by her wattles ..I was gobsmacked , . this all happened within 5 minutes. they went into the long coop designed for a lot of hens so i have 7 tonight in a small coop! :-D Cracker went in with them though and took rime spot

Theyll fit in just fine : I never realised how big blackrock hen is! She is built like a shed!