Free Chickens in York

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Happy Alun
Lively Laner

Free Chickens in York

Post by Happy Alun »

Hello all,

I am at my wits end }hairout{ as have three chickens all around three year old which have stopped laying, my options are to keep feeding non - productive chickens or hopefully someone will take them of me who has plenty of space to keep them happy and retired. I have tried to give them back to the guy I bought them of but he has stated he will kill them which is not my preferred option.

So anyone who thinks they can take Doris (white star) Brenda ( red star ) Betty (speckled)

Anyone who can help me please?

Thanks

perchy

Re: Free Chickens in York

Post by perchy »

Aww I am sorry you feel you cannot keep them now they have stopped laying, but understand, is there a petting farm or similar nearlby who may take them, someone hopefully with room will help you, maybe put a post card in your local shop? trouble is some may see them as )eat( I really hope you can find them a happy retirement home >fi<
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Why on earth would you get chickens, name them and then want to get rid when they have stopped laying, talk about heartless }hairout{
LYN
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

It's possible they may start laying again, a lot of hens carry on beyond 3, maybe
they're about to moult. After 3 years of laying they deserve to slow down a bit!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I am not going to start picking on anyone who decides to cull rather than feed and house hens that don't lay. But I'm not sure that you are realistic in wanting to pass your problem onto someone else.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Happy Alun
Lively Laner

Post by Happy Alun »

Hello,

Didn't realise I would get such an hostile response.

Regardless just to make everyone aware that they were collected on Saturday, going to a family who want them as pets for their kids.

Hope that makes everyone happy )t'
perchy

Post by perchy »

Happy Alun wrote:Hello,

Didn't realise I would get such an hostile response.

Regardless just to make everyone aware that they were collected on Saturday, going to a family who want them as pets for their kids.

Hope that makes everyone happy )t'

I am pleased they have found a home, thank you for letting us know )t'