Goodbye

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
bubbles108
Lively Laner

Goodbye

Post by bubbles108 »

It's with great sadness that I'm saying goodbye to the forum.
This morning we came down to feed our chickens to discover they had been killed in the night by foxes. As I am sure you can imagine its been extremely distressing and I've decided I can't run the risk of this happening again.
We were able to bury Beryl but they had taken Elsie and Aggie.
Due to no more chickens I won't be accessing the site any more, On a leaving note I would like to thank everyone who has offered me advice over the last 3 years. I have found it a great help

Thank you

sazchops
Legendary Laner

Re: Goodbye

Post by sazchops »

So very sorry to hear your sad news, but don't feel you have to leave!
The Lane isn't just about chickens.
Maybe one day you'll change you mind and some new girls will find your home. Until then I bet you've got lots of experience and advice to offer others.
{hug}
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

So sorry {cry}
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww I am so sorry to hear this, it is a risk we all take when keeping chickens, fly high and free over Rainbow Bridge little ones, you will be in good company {hug}

You really don't have to leave the lane, there are so many other things going on too, and I am sure at the moment you just want to hide away, it is hard losing your hens, give it a little while and see how you feel {hug}

{hug}
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. {hug} It's something we all dread, and many on here have experienced the same. Please don't make any decisions in haste though. And whatever you decide, all the best and we'll still be here if you decide to stick around/come back
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Wozzer
Lively Laner

Post by Wozzer »

So, so sorry xx
ChickenCarol
Longlasting Laner

Post by ChickenCarol »

That is so awful but as others have said don't be in a rush to leave us. Sending you a hug.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

OH Bubbles I can understand how you feel, a hen's owner worst nightmare. Please take care of yourself now your little ones are at peace now {hug&kiss}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

That's so awful - I'm really sorry {hug} {hug} I can only echo other peoples' opinion that we are about more than just chickens, and to please think again when you've had a bit longer to consider.
manda

Post by manda »

{hug} {hug&kiss} So sorry to hear about your chickens..but as others have said you can still come visit the Lane ....talk with people about other things {hug}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

It is so sad and something we all dread and hope will never happen.
Please don't be into to much of a rush to leave ,you may not have chickens at the moment but you say you have been with the forum 3 years ..You have learnt a lot and have a lot of advice to give to others.You maybe have more chickens at a later date . {hug&kiss}

Jackie x
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

Sorry to read about this Bubbles, but that is part of chicken keeping!, and as others have said please don't leave the lane, you can still pass on useful knowledge tips and hints to others until such time as you feel that you want to continue keeping chickens!.

Big gorilla {hug}
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

So sorry to hear you have lost your girls to the dreaded fox. sending you {hug} .
Amber.
bubbles108
Lively Laner

Post by bubbles108 »

Thank you so much for all your kind comments
I just feel so guilty and feel i should have been able to protect my beautiful girls
At the moment there is no way i would have anymore as I couldn't go through this again
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

Bubbles - anyone who keeps chickens will have felty guilty at some time. If it isn't foxes it's some sort of undetected illness or struggle to cope with redmite.

You've had a shock and it's good advice not to make any hasty decisions or burn any bridges.

Stick around, if you can bear to, and contribute from your experience. You wouldn't be the first person to change his/her mind after a bit of time has passed.

Whenever we've had a pet dog die I've said "never again" but as I write this our two mongrels are roaming round the garden wondering when the hens are coming out to play.

Take care.

Bea
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.