Conifers and chickens...

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Conifers and chickens...

Post by Emmamoo »

Hey guys

I'm getting my chickens tomorrow morning. Hooray!
Now my dad mentioned to me that my conifers may be poisonous to keep the chickens near... They are not needle dropping, and are just 15 foot high, but do provide good shade. Does anyone know if that will affect their health and should I move the house away from there?

Fanks!

(f+
****Emma****

...Ever the optimist!

Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi Emmaloo (hope you had a good holiday).

The trees shouldn't matter I don't think. If they were free, trees are their natural habitat.

Bet you're excited!!!!

Start a new post when you get them, so we can all share your delights - and fears and worries of course.
But from your posts, I reckon they're getting one good owner!
Sorry, you're owned by them :mrgreen:

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Post by Emmamoo »

Aaaah thanks Ricardo! Holiday wasn't too bad actually was very warm and the food was smashing (apart from when I had food poisoning for the first 3 days...)

My hen house is here! Yippee!!!!!! It's fabuloso! I can't wait for them to get settled in!!!

Will have to charge my batteries and upload some pics to my website so you can all see 'em.

Oh I got bitten to endless proportions by mozzies all week. Nasty creatures that have absolutely no purpose on this earth...just like wasps.
****Emma****

...Ever the optimist!
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

H emmamoo... I've got several huge conifers in the garden and the chooks love to shade under them from the sun and rain.. no ill effects after five / six? weeks so I recon its ok... I know just how you feel, we were so excited when the collection day came.. great stuff, enjoy!!
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
melons
Legendary Laner

New girls

Post by melons »

Can't believe I got mine 6 weeks ago now, you must be soo excited, post some pic's?
Glad you had a good hol's.
Cheers
mel x