Do "summer holidays" confuse our girls?

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Katiee
Lively Laner

Do "summer holidays" confuse our girls?

Post by Katiee »

Katy ( the Blackrock ) hasn't graced us with any eggs since last Nov. when I checked on them at 10pm last night, there was an egg in the run which wasn't there before we went out at 6 .30pm. this morning we had eggs from the other two layed in the normal place ( coop ! ) i'm guessing the first must be Katy's.... Do they have amnesia after a long break or did it catch her out? {rofwl}

Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Do "summer holidays" confuse our girls?

Post by Mo »

Or has she been laying in the run for ages and somehen has been eating them?
You'll find out if she keeps laying.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Re: Do "summer holidays" confuse our girls?

Post by KathJ »

I think the change in day lengths does affect my girls. They're now getting up about an hour later and going to bed two hours earlier than they were about 6 weeks ago. A couple of our girls tend to lay later and later in the day until they'll miss a day and then start laying early morning again. Won't be long before they have to get up in the dark when I go to work and they'll be in bed when I get home {cry}
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx