Could this be EYP?

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Katiee
Lively Laner

Could this be EYP?

Post by Katiee »

My blackrock has not been interested in eating for the past two days, and has been producing a cream / green colour poop for a few days. She hasn't layed for a year now ( she is nearly 3 years old ). Any ideas please?

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: Could this be EYP?

Post by KarenE »

Hi Katiee

It's difficult to say, as you know.. here are a few questions to consider:

- when was she last wormed, and with what?
- is she eating okay?
- what is her crop like, especially first thing in the morning and last thing at night? Is it hard and full, or soft and squishy like a water balloon? Is there any horrible smell from her beak?
- if you gently feel her underneath, does her abdomen feel normal? Does it feel hard, tight and hot? Can you feel anything lumpy in there? (Be very gentle when feeling round her abdomen)
- how is her breathing? Is she panting, rasping, snotty nose or bubbles in her eye?
- has she or is she moulting?

And how are the rest of the flock?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Katiee
Lively Laner

Re: Could this be EYP?

Post by Katiee »

thanks a lot Karen. They are due to be wormed. The other two ( they are like inseperable twins !) are fine. The blackrock seems better tonight, and i think it may be a digestion problem. My husband gave them some leftover bread which I think was a bad idea. it may have caused crop problems. she hardly ate today but was drinking before going into the coop tonight and seemed more herself :-D thanks again )t'