Watch out there's a fox about - at any time !

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Watch out there's a fox about - at any time !

Post by Richard »

Hi

I was packing my Camper Van to come down to Netley yesterday - 11.55am it was.

I thought what's that behind me? Turned around and it was a fox strolling past me without a care in the world.

He went round the corner of the Barn and that was that.

However I had my Chicken in the Garden, couldn't have been more than 10 meters from the Fox. Luckily he obviously had something else on his mind.

So just a warning really. Foxes are not just night time creatures, they're out and about when they want to be and although your Chickens may be free ranging because you're around doesn't mean it's 100% safe.

I remember a few years ago being at one end of the garden and at the other end I saw a Fox pop out the Stinging Nettles, grab one and he'd gone.

Not scaremongering, just a reminder.

Richard )t' )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome

sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Watch out there's a fox about - at any time !

Post by sandy »

The reason my girls can never free range is Mr. Fox sits on the old chair outside their house most of the time cleaning and snoozing, totally unafraid of me!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/