Today I lost Clover.

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
jackian
Legendary Laner

Today I lost Clover.

Post by jackian »

Today I lost my favourite girl .the lovely Clover who was just turned 6.
She was a Miss Pepperpot ..like a black rock.. and laid the most beautiful eggs until 6 months ago and then stopped. 2 months ago she started laying again , something I never thought I would see.
She was my first chicken and she was top chick. She out lived a few and was never fazed sorting the other girls out and making sure they were ok. At night all the others had to be in the coup before her and then she would look around for predictors before she went to bed.
I had never known her to be ill or under the weather until yesterday and she went down really fast, nothing for it but to go to the vet as I did not want her to suffer.
I went with Carol and the lovely vet said that it would be better for not to suffer and she did not go home.

I loved her and she was my rock. I will miss her .

Jackie x
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown

ChickenCarol
Longlasting Laner

Re: Today I lost Clover.

Post by ChickenCarol »

She had a good innings and a good life with you. It is so sad to lose the ones with you the longest and they have a place in your heart. You did your best for her and she did her best for you and it is the end of an era but our chicken journey continues and I know you will go on as we all do to make the most of our chooks as life goes on. My heart goes out to you right now but we will continue to share our chooks ups and downs, I know. x
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I can only echo what Carol has said. It's always hard when an especially loved and special girl goes, but Carol's right - it's the start of a new stage in your chicken journey. I bet your little head girl is singing your praises over the Bridge with the rest of the henpals {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

So sorry to read about Clover, she sounds to have been a remarkable little girl.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So sorry you have lost your beloved Clover {hug} She was so lucky to have had a good life with you and to be in good health. She was extra lucky to have such a caring mum she didn't suffer when her time had come. What a good age she reached bless her.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
ChookDee
Learner Laner

Post by ChookDee »

Sorry to hear you lost your beloved girl, but wow what a wonderful age and glad she didn't suffer.
Bluefinch
Lively Laner

Post by Bluefinch »

Sorry to hear this Jackie. She sounded like quite a character.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

So, so sorry to hear you've lost your lovely head girl {hug} I get a tear in my eye everytime someone posts a lost because I know how heartbreaking it is!
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
It Is just not the same without her . I have lost 3 girls in 2 months for different reasons but none has left such a gap as Clover.. She was always there top and in charge . The three remaining girls seem a little lost it will be interesting to see who becomes top chick.

Jackie x
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Oh Jackie, I'm sorry I missed this. Sending you belated hugs. I know how sad it is and exactly what you mean about some leaving an especially big gap. {hug}
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Sorry to read this Jackian.

Take care,

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Jackian lost my Iris firday
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

sandy

I'm sorry you have lost Iris. {hug&kiss} I
had Clover for so long it is not the same with out her.

Jackie x
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi all .
Sad news . Wish I did not have to read these as know how it feels.
Lost my oldest and lead girl as well.

Have good company for sure.
Wishing you well.
Bob