Re homing my boys

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Kazgaz
Learner Laner

Re homing my boys

Post by Kazgaz »

I posted on the Re homing section a few weeks ago as I wanted to find good homes for Eric and Ernie, my 2 beautiful Buff Orpington cockerels ( my Dad bought them as a surprise for me in August thinking they were hens). Kitla kindly let me know of cockerel Trader on Facebook . I thought I had found a home for them but the lady was a true trader and I just couldn't let them go to her.

I reposted them last week and to cut a long story short, my partner and I took the boys to their new home on Friday. They are lovely friendly boys and I was fully prepared to bring them home if necessary; but as soon as I took the dog crate out of the car the children were thrilled saying that hey looked just like Grumpy, their bad tempered buff cockerel who died of old age 6 months ago. We w et e then taken to a big run with about a dozen hens including 2 buffs where we let the boys out. Well; all the good manners I thought we'd taught them went out the window! (I think they may have spent too much time with my ex submariner partner) . The girls made it very obvious that they found the boys handsome - each one had a a little huddle of adoring groupies around him within a couple of minutes. The hero worship went straight to their heads, any idea of romancing the ladies was forgotten and the boys began 'introducing' themselves.
To put the icing on the cake, Sarah, they boys new mum then took us to meet her new rescue hens - she now has around 40 and was telling me how she'd managed to get small numbers from the same rescue homed in the village! So the boys have their new forever home with a harem which was going to be expanded by the end of the day and a new family who were all besotted with them straight away.
As much as I miss them, they are so much happier where they've gone and just thinking about them strutting about with their girls makes me smile. And I now have room to re home some ex bats and hope to do so on the 9th Jan.

Happy New Year and many thanks to Kitla and Sarah who has adopted y hem.

{hug}
Kaz

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Re homing my boys

Post by Spreckly »

They sound great lads, Kazgaz, and hope they have a happy life in their new home.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

)like(
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
ChickenCarol
Longlasting Laner

Post by ChickenCarol »

It is so good to read a story with a happy ending. I am sure they will have a wonderful time with their new ladies.
Katiee
Lively Laner

Post by Katiee »

It sounds like the duo have arrived at chucks paradise...... :-D :-D
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

How brilliant for you, I love a happy ending!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant