Spring Chickens!!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Spring Chickens!!

Post by KathJ »

What a difference the Spring makes to our Girls )like( Instead of standing huddled in a corner against the cold (although they are pampered and have the greenhouse in the winter!) I now have four little busy bodies, into everything, running about everywhere and pecking everything in sight. With the extra bonus of an egg every day (well almost!)
They're so funny to watch now as you tell they just enjoy every minute of the day and they're now out for around 12 hours which must be doing them the world of good. How I love my Little Girls {hug}
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Spring Chickens!!

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi ,Thank you .I needed this .
I thought that Jurasic park filming was going on and the where practising for the raptors .
Love them to bits and bits and bits ,,,,
Bob
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

)like(

But think of those earlier mornings :-D :-D

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

Yessssssss..........love early mornings.....really can't cope with lying in bed.
Katiee
Lively Laner

Post by Katiee »

Richard, I think you need to jump back on the wagon and start flock keeping again... {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Early mornings and late nights, phew! I know when the nights are getting lighter by what tv shows I miss, now miss The Chase completely, after the clocks change will probably miss Emerdale. Have to make sure my darlings are tucked up safely before I can really relax and get into my jimjams.
But such a plus side, really get to know all their little ways again.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

hehe. I know, I'm in the habit of not getting out of bed til after 8am !!

If I'm going somewhere at say 10am, I set alarm for 8am and still end up rushing around.

But yes, a nice time to have chickens, hopefully very little ice and mud to deal with.

I do miss it but have to say to myself, it was the right time.

I still take seeds out for the Garden Birds every morning though.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Yes it's so lovely to be able to go out to the chooks without wading through mud! Mind you, the first shower..... }hairout{

I don't get up early, but my chooks are in an enclosed run, so I don't close the pophole. Before I had the enclosed run, I had an automatic opener/closer, so that was fab too. It wasn't so much the getting up at stupid o'clock, but more the worrying about shutting them in at night. If I was out beyond their bed time, I was uneasy until they were safely tucked up.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Bluefinch
Lively Laner

Post by Bluefinch »

Its lovely to watch them lying in the spring sunshine and so busy around the garden.