Finally got my girls

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
chookies
Learner Laner

Finally got my girls

Post by chookies »

Last Saturday I rescued my girls , I was only going to get 4 then ended up taking an extra one.
So pleased to introduce you to

Boudicca
Fanny
Beryl
Gloria
June

Boudicca have the least feathers and to honest she looked so weak when we got her I really didn't think she was going to make it.
I rang the vets the next day and they told me to bring her in first thing in the morning , but she must have herd as not long after she perked up and is doing so well she is now Top HEN! She is funny to watch she isn't too bad more of a mother hen they like to follow, she hasn't forgiven me since I put red mites powder on her , she was quite willing to come up with me before.

Fanny is the next girl who is missing lots of feathers but she has such a character she loves her food! And as soon as she see's me she thinks I have something for her , I'm sticking to the pellets (I actually have then on flubenvet pellets at the moment) flubenvet for 7 days and just pellets for 2 weeks I was told, but if I go in to clean etc I do give them a few mealworms so they know when I come in its not so bad as a few are still very scared. But not fanny she is eating out of my hand and even sat on my lap today!

Beryl is very much like fanny loves her food! Also sat on my lap today (proud mummy moment) and she let me have a few strokes while she was sat there.

Gloria is very chatty! She literally doesn't stop talking and purring, I'm hoping she's saying nice things, I can't tell ?? But she seems to be the only one who likes to roost at night, the others all huddle up together in the straw.

June is also quite chatty she doesn't really come up to me , she likes to be the last in at night even if she has gone in before, just when I think they are all in and settled she will come out to sit at the top of the ramp then eventually go back in, some times she sit up on the coops roof! She also likes to stand on one leg so we call her pretty flamingo, the vet said it's probably a habit she has picked up also she sometimes tucks her head under her wing, I was a little worried but other than that she seems fine.
June and Beryl look the best they have the most feathers.
Gloria have quite a few but has a bare bum bless her.
I would post pics but I'm not sure how to?

Ali

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Finally got my girls

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi ,What a lovelly read.
What you have said and experienced has been done by so many people and it does change your life and mindset for many years to come if not whole life .
Keep writing as help is often available , good times are often followed by some rough ones .
Bob