urgent advice needed

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: urgent advice needed

Post by sandy »

Amber so sorry just caught up with this post, I give my Violet empeprid. How are your girls and PLEASE you have done nothing wrong except be a very loving chicken mummy {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Sandy.
Thank you for your reply. Marigold seems to be a little better and is eating ok, sweetcorn, grapes and cucumber along with scrambled egg (no milk) go down well but she is turning her beak up at layers pellets, meal worms and sardines in tomato sauce.
Ruby will peck at a corn on the cob and the odd grape but that is it. She is now quite thin and is still losing liquid both ends. I think she may have to make the one way journey to the vets tomorrow as i have given her a week and she seems no better and i don't want her suffering.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

AwAmber sending lots of >fi< to Ruby, I know you will do what is best for her {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello All.
Ruby lost her battle yesterday and was PTS at the vets, while being cuddled in my arms.
The vet had a good feel inside of her and pulled out a lump of undigested food. It seems that she was eating but not able to digest the food so was fading away.
Marigold still has her lump but the vet said as she seems better it could just be a swelling in a place where she could have had an infection.
She is back with Lilly and Molly and seems happy. They had a treat of live maggots this afternoon and she was eating those, fingers crossed we are over what ever was troubling her and worrying the life out of me!
Amber.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Amber I'm so sorry to hear about Ruby. You did your best for both of them, and Ruby had a lovely life with a very kind mum to look after her when she needed it. {hug} to you, and it's good to hear that Marigold is picking up )t'
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper