How do I feed a cockerel?

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Devonrich
Lively Laner

How do I feed a cockerel?

Post by Devonrich »

The two eggs that hatched are now a boy and a girl aged 21 weeks. They've got over their shyness with the three older girls and Paladin is crowing, Freyja hasn't started laying yet. My question is, how do I feed Paladin. There is a hopper full of layers pellets, but I can't really stop him eating them, and I can't provide food just for him.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

You are what you drink, and I'm a bitter man.

kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: How do I feed a cockerel?

Post by kitla »

He'll be fine on the layers pellets, my cockerel eats with the girls & he's a strapping, hansom fella.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Oh lucky you being able to keep a cockerel )t' I would have loved to have been able to, sadly I think our neighbours would have exploded lol..
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
Devonrich
Lively Laner

Post by Devonrich »

My neighbour is a village primary school, so no problems on that account.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

You are what you drink, and I'm a bitter man.
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Devonrich wrote:My neighbour is a village primary school, so no problems on that account.

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , Having a cockerel is fun . They call the girls over when food is around and share which is different from the girls .
They follow me calling . I have the food and the girls know I have food how silly are they....
What colour is he .Pin up for the girls on the diary and calendar...
Bob