Sudden blindness....

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Katiee
Lively Laner

Re: Sudden blindness....

Post by Katiee »

think my friends partner will pop up and help her go without me dragging her out of the coop if it goes on any longer...she really seems unconscious and has not moved her position at all. If I thought she was aware I'd want to do something, but thanks v much.....

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Sorry Katiee, it is horrid watching them fade away.
Katiee
Lively Laner

Post by Katiee »

Hi, my friends partner ( vet ) kindly called tonight after work and Katiee was pts... He said her brain was likely affected by a parasite but her body was still going strong despite no food or water since Thursday. He said that she would not have been conscious during this time, so that's a relief ( though I felt that was the case as she hadn't moved at all ). So I will feel better tonight .......
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi ,so sorry to read this , Chickens are creatures that become ill and percentages are against surviving . You did well and hope you have happy memories of her.
Bob
Katiee
Lively Laner

Post by Katiee »

Really kind of you Bob. She was the least friendly and was always nervous around people, but she was still part of the gang here. She was a loner and if she could get into the house, she would jump on to the unit in the utility room and hide in the darkest corner she could find...( should have named her Greta Garbo ......). After saying all that, she had the most beautiful iridescent feathers, and the vet even asked me if he could take home one of her feathers to put into his dream catcher !! They all leave their mark & she certainly left one on us...... )t' )t' )t'
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Sorry to read your news Katiee.