Thankyou customers

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
sandy
Legendary Laner

Thankyou customers

Post by sandy »

The Bhwt did a free range friday all over the place last week, as I was working in Falfield Stores on thursday I did a free range thursday. I raised £71.82 from customers by selling cakes, biscuits and chocolates. None home made as I wouldnt want to poison anyone {rofwl} Interestingly one man came in and said he had been into chickens for over 40 years and there were no more caged birds in the country }hairout{ I took some photos of Gwen , Georgina and Martha-Joans who all looked dreadful when I rehomed them. Still a lot of people didn't realise they were not released into plush green fields for retirement at the end of their commercial laying cycle. It was well worth doing and of course I got to talk 'chicken' a lot.

Sunny Clucker came along to help
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Thankyou customers

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Well done Sandy ,
People still not fully understanding the egg industry .
Note not chicken industry.
The meat girls do not fair any better.
Bob
p.penn

Re: Thankyou customers

Post by p.penn »

Amazing that people don't realise that many commercial hens still have such a hard time. I guess ads for happy hens, and the news stories about the 'end' of small cages lead to misconceptions. Well done you for opening a few eyes
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com