Freedom for more girls

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
sandy
Legendary Laner

Freedom for more girls

Post by sandy »

Another rehome day on sunday in the beautiful quiet countryside from a lovely small holding owned by even lovelier people )t'
This time around lots of volunteers but just had to be one of the picker uppers…
Went and got my camera when all but one rehomer had been for the ten remaining girls.
Where's everyone gone?
Ok I think I am meant to pose? Gosh I expect I will be doing this a lot in future so better get some practice in
The poorlies
Thank goodness there were only three, one quite bad was placed on a hot water bottle and given metacam to give her a chance. These two will be looked after at the small holding.
Everyone came out alive this time and of course lots of eggs.
The small holding is off a fork of a national trust trail and some people came around the corner a bit lost. Explained what we were doing and they were anxious to see the girls. I pointed out we had eggs if they would like some, they kindly donated to the charity for them.
Oh my it was a much better rehome than the first one I went to as 3 times the volunteers but 4 helpers or 12 still the euphoric high of knowing those beauties were off to a proper henny life. Whether ex batties or fresh start if you ever get the chance to help out DO IT. I still can smell that ex battiness smell, far better than any perfume.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Freedom for more girls

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi always wanted to do it and will some day. Trouble is I would end up with even more girls. Hope the poorly ones survive . Keep us in the loop if you hear about the new homes etc. Love a good ending and I am sure the girls will get a good one.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Freedom for more girls

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Let me know when the next one comes up and maybe I will try and join you.
Bob