It may not look pretty,but...

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
OldForum
Lively Laner

It may not look pretty,but...

Post by OldForum »

Minidaz
....it's all my own work

The door in this pic is the storage door. The main person entrance to the chicken house is on the side opposite the fence.

Managed to get the nest box, internal shelf , and ramp up to the shelf all done over the weekend.
It's a bit rough round the edges, but it's dry,warm and cosy.

All i need to do is put in some cardboard box nest areas ( easily replaced ) and perches and the house is complete

Mikeyhcg
you've done a good job with it Daz, I'm sure any hen would feel at home there. Next up the run...we found that bit dead easy

Minidaz
I've found some wire, just got a bit of a query
I can get either Unknown Gauge with 2" holes for �22.49 or 19 gauge with 31mm holes for �28.99. Both are the same in height and length. What would everyone suggest ?

I'm kind off thinking that 2" holes might be a bit on the large side, but always handy to hear what other people have used.

Mikeyhcg
the stuff we use has 1inch holes in it, don't know if 2 inch holes is too big though, I can't see it being a problem

Well after having a chat with my other half, she reminded me that both were actually more expensive than what i had planned on buying anyway There is a reason she's the accountant and i'm not

Also today, while working out wire measurements, i calculated i needed 84 meters and then realised i'd worked it out using 6" in a foot instead of 12"

Think looking after my 3yr son fried my brain today

Mo
Myflocknetting has holes 3" wide & 4" high. If one strand has a break they easily get out of the double hole, then when I mend it Rosie runs along the netting, sticking her head in all the holes trying to find the big one.
[/img]