Hybrid hens vs bantams

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Hybrid hens vs bantams

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Good luck with it all - looking forward to seeing your set-up.

ChickenCarol
Longlasting Laner

Post by ChickenCarol »

I would agree that it's good to go as big as you can and have a roof. If you did that you could go for about six/eight bantams if you went down the bantam route or three/four big girls.

I too, like most people, extended my run and then I also extended the roof to cover the whole run with half the roof in panels that can be kept closed or opened in the summer. It is tricky keeping the run dry. Now with the current rules in place I have been so glad that my run is covered as it meant I didn't need to make any changes.

It is costly at the start but once done will give many years of pleasure and will be worth it.
Nettlers
Learner Laner

Post by Nettlers »

UPDATE

I have today found and bought on ebay an eglu classic and 9' x 6' walk in run with roof all 2nd hand , 4 miles away from me! So excited now, and feel so much happier that I can do it properly within my budget.

Once I've found a van driver to deliver it for me and put it all together I'll give a progress report