help me!!!!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
petertohen
Learner Laner

help me!!!!

Post by petertohen »

Three weeks into hen keeping it was all going very well, thanks to some replies to my previous messages. However, today when I went to let the girls out (2) there was the usual 2 eggs but one had been broken. Not unduely worried, but this afternoon one of them has been acting very oddly and for the last hour or so not walking around or scratching like she has been but is just standing/sitting under a bush. Her eye-lid seems to be closing slowly and she is not making any noise. One of them has had very liquid pooh today but I cant really say which one. Is this anything to worry about? Is she just hot? Any advice greatly appreciated.
https://hencam..com/faq/diagnosing-a-sick-chicken./" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);.return false;

manda

Re: help me!!!!

Post by manda »

So the egg that was broken ...did that have a normal shell or soft shell?
What colour is her poo? How watery?
How is her crop? (soft, hard, squishy)
How is her breathing? Raspy?
Stomach is it hard? Don't press it too hard because she could be egg bound and you don't want to break an egg internally.

Mites or lice? Hold up her wing and blow the skin. If you see little red mites or blonde /brown lice run around, that's what the problem is.

There are so many things it could be - some will right themselves others will need intervention.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny