Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
debzielou
Learner Laner

Post by debzielou »

Hello! Thought I would say hi, I have 3 chickens who we've had for almost 2 years we live near a farm so they free range in the fields around us and come back to their coop at night though they've never slept inside...always on top! We do on occasion lose track of egg laying locations so that can be amusing to find where they are.I am incubating my first ever lot of 6 eggs - some rhode island reds. We're 8 days in and its all quite exciting. My next task before they hatch is to convert my little shed into a chicken shed We are up in the north of Scotland so bit chilly but the chooks don't mind!

Debs

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: newbie

Post by KarenE »

Hi Debs and welcome to the Lane! )wav( It sounds like you've got it all sorted up there. Mine live in a converted outhouse, so will be a bit similar to yours. We're about to start building them a roost, as my current ones are the first to roost - normally they have just slept in nestboxes. When converting your shed, make sure you've got some ventilation in it, and of course a pop hole or something.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
manda

Post by manda »

Hi Debs....welcome :-D

Sounds like my place ....although I've just recently decided to reign them in a bit. Be careful once they start breeding it can get out of hand ....some of those 6 eggs will be boys and then before you know it 3 becomes 53 (believe me )grin2( )
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi and welcome.

Looks like you're enjoying yourself )t' )t' )t'

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
debzielou
Learner Laner

Post by debzielou »

thanks guys job for the afternoon if the rain stays off is looking at the shed.. >eas2<
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hello Debs and welcome from me.