Mice in Chicken Coop and Run Area

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Re: Mice in Chicken Coop and Run Area

Post by KathJ »

Thankfully our visiting Roland seems to have just disappeared. Haven't seen any signs of him visiting for over a week now >fi<
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Good news - I hope he has found somewhere else to live and you can have some peace of mind. BTW I have just invested in one of the Homgar Pest Off Chicken Feeder (just been delivered to work). Not sure how it all works yet, need to get home and suss it out!!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

They tend to venture off into fields and long grass through the warmer months.

Fingers crossed.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

I have heard that using 100 % peppermint oil deters rodents as they do not like the smell. Could anyone tell me if this is safe to use in the chicken run and how they have used it, i.e. sprinkled on the floor or put in some kind of container. Want to give it a try but also need to be confident that chickens will be safe around it. Thanks.