Eglu cube hen house bargain

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Smallholder
Lively Laner

Eglu cube hen house bargain

Post by Smallholder »

We have recently discussed adding a few hens back in to the mix after realising how much we miss having them.. We didn't really think it would be possible when we moved in to the new home, however we have a separate secluded area at the bottom of the garden that is currently decked and the decking needs replacing. Instead we are thinking of turning this area over to keep a few commercial layers.

Decided this time round if we do get hens that I wanted a plastic house to make it easier with cleaning, mites and maintenance but the Eglu's are so expensive.. jaw dropped when I came across a classified advert for a Eglu Cube listed at £30 locally, messaged to check the price and we popped over and purchased it yesterday.

Been out and washed it down today and re-built ready.. Just a little faded but in excellent condition as they only used it for a few months but decided hens were not for them. )c(

Best regards, Smallholder

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Eglu cube hen house bargain

Post by Cheshire Chick »

What a bargain - well done - it looks great, just the job. We had decking at the bottom of our garden that we took up to make the chicken enclosure. Everything was all home made (by husband), but it worked out really well with the space we had. Good luck with the girls and remember to keep us updated. )like(
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Is that photo of it in its new home? Looks a nice place for a good scratch about.

And a bargain.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Crumbs, that is a bargain!
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Excellent buy )like( mine cost almost 10 times that and the current little darlings wont go near it }hairout{
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/