Serama Breeders

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
ChickenCarol
Longlasting Laner

Serama Breeders

Post by ChickenCarol »

I wondered if anyone here knows of serama breeders near Berkshire (within an hours drive). I am in Wooburn Green which is near Windsor and High Wycombe. My usual breeder has taken a couple of years out and although ready to start breeding again he has nothing hatched this year yet.

I have two bantams and three seramas. I sadly lost my two silky seramas over the last year and would dearly love some more but am finding it really difficult to find another breeder. I have two straight feathered and one frizzle feathered at the moment. I would love to add five more seramas but would take less if that many are not available.

My flock has been ten in the past and five now feels very small. You can take a look at my blog if you want to see my girls. I am passionate about seramas and was gutted to lose my silkies, one a year ago to continued prolapse and one a month ago. She was bright as a button one day and dead under her roost spot in the morning. There didn't appear to be anything wrong with her and it was an awful shock. I so miss those silkie feathered girls.

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Serama Breeders

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Sorry to hear of the loss of your girls. I have read your lovely blog in the past (and I must take another look at it again) and always remember you having a lot more than five in your flock. Unfortunately I cannot help you with your enquiry as I live in Cheshire, but I am sure you have posted in the right place and someone will come along and be able to help you with your search. Good luck with it all - 5 new girls sounds very exciting!
ChickenCarol
Longlasting Laner

Post by ChickenCarol »

I finally found a breeder an hour from me and went to see her yesterday (Sunday). She has such a good reputation that as fast as she hatches chicks and gets them to two months so that they can be sexed they sell to her waiting list so she can't grow any to a bigger size.

She had a few girls at two months and I decided to take the plunge and now have three chicks. Two are silkie feathered and one is frizzle feathered. I have had to buy a hamsters cage to keep them in as they are so tiny. They are adorable and I am thrilled with them.

If you want to see them take a look at my blog as I have just put a post out with photos of them.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Oh, they look so cute, Carol, enjoy every minute of them. )like(