ROSIES ROSE

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
albertajune
Legendary Laner

ROSIES ROSE

Post by albertajune »

I won't keep on about Rosie or you will get fed up with seeing my name. However I couldn't have her back to bury, as all my other girls are, all under a rose bush.
When I wasn't in the garden, she would stand on the step outside the french doors. When I shut her up at night I always said goodnight and ended up with sweet dreams.
I have found a patio rose called Sweet Dreams which is a short climber that can be container grown. It is a pretty small apricot, peachy colour which suits her well. She was a Welsummer and had those love!y redish feathers.This will be planted next to her step so that when all my girls roses are in bloom she will be once again out with them and I can still see her from indoors.
Some would think me mad at grieving for a chicken but as she was my last ever hen she also ended another era for me.z
I am now a widow and live with my memories.

Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: ROSIES ROSE

Post by Mo »

We all know that animals leave a gap. That place where they've been, and aren't any more. You still look for them, step on the second step because a cat used to sleep on the first.

It's 3 years now since I had hens but I still looked twice at a shape by the garden gate yesterday, half hidden in grass. Could have been a hen's body and tail - was my daughters hose reel.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Your not mad for grieving, you just have a HUGE, HUGE heart, June.
I think the patio rose is a lovely idea. {hug}

I know exactly what you mean, Mo. Have had that happen to me countless times.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

That's really sweet June, what a nice thing to do. I understand the end of an era feeling, loosing a pet can evoke memories of all that has passed while you had them, and for you that must be quite a mixed emotion.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Oh June, you're not mad at all, it's a lovely idea )like( I sobbed and sobbed for days when we lost our first girl, I even well up now when I think of her {hug}
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

Sounds like a pretty nice way to remember her by.

Not a mad thing to do at all. When I lost one of my ferrets I was looking at a bottle brush bush (reminded me of happy mad times and bushy tails) . I never did get around to buying it. This thread has reminded me, so may still seek one out yet!

Grieving for pets, let's face it they become part of our families really, is every bit as valid and real as grieving for people.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Just caught up June and am so sorry that you have lost your Rosie. I have cried buckets and buckets over my lost girls and have hurt so much that I vowed to never have any more (but that didn't happen!!!). I think what Hedgehugger said is so very true - they are family members and our grief is very real indeed. The patio rose is a really lovely idea.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

June what a wonderful monument to mark the passing of your little Rosie. I don’t think you are mad at all . I
Feel sorry for people who can’t understand what love and joy pets in any shape of form a person has a special
Bond with. Pets or any animal deserve to be thought of as what they are, living creatures
I still have a moment when I go down to my conservative girls missing my mad excitable hen Honey who passed last August c
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

So many lost hens from my flock , everyone makes me sad , could I have done more .
Hope you still follow here and pass your views which I welcome .
I love roses and smell them as often as I can.
Bob
manda

Post by manda »

I think a rose called Sweet Dreams is a beautiful idea June {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Many thanks to all of you. So comforting to be able to chat to people who understand. People with heart {hug} {hug}
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Sweet Dreams, what a beautiful name. When I lost my first sheltie puppy we bought a rose called "Remember Me", which is in the flower bed with her ashes. You gave Rosie such a lovely, kind life June. {hug} {hug}
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Ah June, how lovely - what a wonderful way to remember Rosie. Don't feel you shouldn't keep posting about her, because DTL is full of people who understand just how much you loved and will miss her, and in fact would love it if you updated with a photo once her rose is in bloom.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Only just found a site that will let me post pics. This is the small rose Sweet Dreams that I planted in memory of Rosie.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

What a lovely shade June, and how clever you are to be able to download pictures. We have totally given up on that!

I said in a previous post that we have a rose for Angie called "Remember me". We also have one for Holly called "Blessings", and for our Rough Collie, Simba, who was a blue merle, we have a "blue" rose.