Chickens coping with snow

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Chickens coping with snow

Post by albertajune »

I hope that all of you who have snow have happy chooks. I have no chickens now but it does make me remember my last girl Rosie. I spent so much time trying to make her comfortable when the weather was bad. Glad she is not out there now that we have heavy snow. Do miss her and do read about your girls. Hope they are all coping well.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Chickens coping with snow

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hi June. We have had a lot of snow here in Cheshire - it all came down in the early hours of Thursday morning. When I clean my girls out in the morning, I usually let them out into the garden so that they don't get under my feet when I'm cleaning the coops and the run. There was just one little patch of grass without any snow and all four of them would not move off it. They were not impressed with the white stuff at all and were adamant that their toes were not going to touch it.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

My hens are like sea weed .
When they disappear int the runs , I know it is raining/snowing .
Bob
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

My ladies don't get a lot of snow in their run as it is covered over because they have an anxious owner re the bird flu.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hi June...my ex batties have never seen snow but boy were they excited! I even had to throw big wedges of snow i could find in their run when it started melting {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/